We consider family medicine the cornerstone of healthcare and pride ourselves in providing comprehensive acute, chronic, and preventive care to patients of all ages. This includes management of many disease states such as diabetes, hypertension, asthma, heart disease, thyroid disease, depression, anxiety, and others, as well as performing complete physical exams on males and females of all ages.
Our sports medicine care targets athletes of all ages and skill levels, from professional athletes to weekend warriors. Homewood Family Medicine provides a broad spectrum of sports medicine services including: treatment of acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries, management of medical problems in athletes (e.g. asthma, diabetes, heart disease, etc), education regarding injury prevention and performance enhancement, pre-participation screenings and physical exams, and coverage of a multitude of sporting events.
Sports Medicine Physicians have received additional training in the non-musculoskeletal aspects of sports medicine. Common examples of these include:
- Mild head injuries
- Athletes with chronic or acute illness (such as asthma or diabetes)
- Nutrition, supplements, ergogenic aids and performance issues
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness
- Injury prevention
- “Return to play” decisions in the sick or injured athlete
- Strength training and conditioning
- Healthy Lifestyle promotion
- Pre-participation physical examination
- Injury assessment and management
- Care of sports-related and general medical needs of athletes
For more information or to schedule an appointment call Homewood Family Medicine at: 480-558-4700